Download SD Card Formatter for Windows 11, 10 PC. 64 bit
SD Card Formatter
by SD Association - Freeware
PC Version Review
Download SD Card Formatter latest version (2022) free for Windows 11,10 PC and Laptop. 64 bit and 32 bit safe Download and Install from official link!
- Get latest version with all free essential features
- Formats SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card and SDXC Memory Card (respectively SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards).
- Official full setup installer, verefied and virus-free
- Find offline, online and portable installers when available
Latest Version Overview
SD Card Formatter formats SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card and SDXC Memory Card (respectively SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards) complying with the SD File System Specification created by the SD Association (SDA). Use it to format SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards rather than using formatting tools provided with individual operating systems.
SD Card Formatter Key Features
In general, formatting tools provided with operating systems can format various storage media including SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards, but it may not be optimized for SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards and it may result in lower performance.
It does not format the protected area in the SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards. The protected area shall be formatted by an appropriate PC application or SD host devices that provide SD security function.
It doesn’t support SD/SDHC/SDXC Card encrypted by the “BitLocker To Go” functionality of Windows. Please format the SD/SDHC/SDXC Card after it has been unlocked.
Interface devices used to access SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards:
- SD Card slot on PC.
- USB SD Card reader for USB2.0, USB3.0, USB3.1 & USB-C.
How to Download and Install for Windows 11 and Windows 10?
Downloading and installing apps is the same process for both Windows editions. Either you want to install SD Card Formatter for Windows 11 or Windows 10, Follow these steps:
First Method: Direct Download and Install (the better one)
This is done directly through our website and is more comfortable
- Firstly, Click on the above green download button which will take you to the download page
- Secondly, Navigate to the download section and click on the app download link
- Thirdly, Save the installer to your local drive
- Now, double click on the setup installer to start the installation
- After that, follow the guide provided by the installation wizard and accept SD Card Formatter End User License
Second Method: Indirect (Through Microsoft App Store)
With introduction of Windows 10, Microsoft introduced its oficial app store. Then, it revamped it with the era of Windows 11. This is how to install from Microsoft App Store:
- Firstly, search for SD Card Formatter in the store, or use this ready search link
- Secondly, click on the proper app name
- Finally, click on the Get in Store App button
- Category: SD Cards
- Version: Latest
- Last Updated:
- Size: 8+ Mb
- OS: Windows 10 (32, 64 Bit)
- License: Freeware
This App is developed and updated by SD Association. All registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos are the property of their respective owners.