Download PuTTYgen for Windows 11, 10 PC. 64 bit
by Simon Tatham - Freeware
PC Version Review
Download PuTTYgen latest version (2022) free for Windows 11,10 PC and Laptop. 64 bit and 32 bit safe Download and Install from official link!
- Get latest version with all free essential features
- Key generator which generates pairs of public and private keys to be used with PuTTY, PSCP, and Plink, as well as the PuTTY authentication agent, Pageant.
- Official full setup installer, verefied and virus-free
- Find offline, online and portable installers when available
Latest Version Overview
PuTTYgen Key generator which generates pairs of public and private keys to be used with PuTTY, PSCP, and Plink, as well as the PuTTY authentication agent, Pageant. It also generates RSA, DSA, ECDSA, and Ed25519 keys.
Connect to your SSH server using PuTTY with the SSH protocol. When the connection succeeds you will be prompted for your user name and password to login. Once logged in, you must configure the server to accept your public key for authentication:
How to Use PuTTYgen?
First, you need to select which type of key you want to generate, and also select the strength of the key. Then press the ‘Generate’ button, to actually generate the key. Once you have generated the key, select a comment field and a passphrase. Now you’re ready to save the private key to disk; press the ‘Save private key’ button.
How to Download and Install for Windows 11 and Windows 10?
Downloading and installing apps is the same process for both Windows editions. Either you want to install PuTTYgen for Windows 11 or Windows 10, Follow these steps:
First Method: Direct Download and Install (the better one)
This is done directly through our website and is more comfortable
- Firstly, Click on the above green download button which will take you to the download page
- Secondly, Navigate to the download section and click on the app download link
- Thirdly, Save the installer to your local drive
- Now, double click on the setup installer to start the installation
- After that, follow the guide provided by the installation wizard and accept PuTTYgen End User License
Second Method: Indirect (Through Microsoft App Store)
With introduction of Windows 10, Microsoft introduced its oficial app store. Then, it revamped it with the era of Windows 11. This is how to install from Microsoft App Store:
- Firstly, search for PuTTYgen in the store, or use this ready search link
- Secondly, click on the proper app name
- Finally, click on the Get in Store App button
- Category: SSH Connect
- Version: Latest
- Last Updated:
- Size: 0.7 Mb
- OS: Windows 10 (32, 64 Bit)
- License: Freeware
This App is developed and updated by Simon Tatham. All registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos are the property of their respective owners.